This page is required information for both visitors and users of our services. It will describe what is against our rules, why, and how we determine if actions should be taken and what for. It will also provide information for how to avoid problems that may arise.
These rules apply the entire and it's services as a whole.
- Illegal activities
- Our site is not above the law and will not hesitate to take action against anything illegal done within our services. We investigate every claim of illegal activities within our site. We follow US laws and regulations.
- If you feel our investigation of potential illegal content is inadequate, we highly recommend contacting authorities yourself. We will take actions necessary if presented by the US law enforcement.
- Intentionally linking, uploading, or announcing malicious content of any kind is not allowed and will result in removal of the content and it's author. This includes but is not limited to: malware, phishing, scams, or loggers.
- Purposefully attempting to disrupt the quality or stability of the site in anyway is an extreme offense and will result in permanent termination. Things like spamming, abusing bugs, DDoSing, server probing, and false reports are seen as threats and will be dealt with accordingly. Certain instances will be excused if reporting bugs and/or security threats properly.
We try our best to maintain an unbiased and neutral perspective of all reports, users, and content distributed through our services. We do not take action for off-site activities, as these are hard to provide evidence for and verify.
Our moderation team is held to a high standard of neutrality within their actions and behavior. Moderation for personal disagreements or grudges are forbidden. That said, our team may decide unanimously to take action against a user who has not broken our rules for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to; disruptions, quality, and or behavior of the user.
Rules for the forum can be found at this thread.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. We will not take actions against users just for insulting others, that's how they feel. We have systems in place that allow you to block users if they become too problematic for you, and we suggest that you use them if you wish. If you are socially inept, it's not our problem unless you make it ours.
Handled reports are final unless additional information is supplied and verified that makes us change our decision. Repeatedly reporting the same thing over and over again will not change our minds, nor our decision.
Just because you disagree with something somebody has said does not make it racist, *phobic, misogynistic, anti-environmentalist, conspiracy theorist, or bigoted. Complaining about other users is not against the rules but may reflect on you poorly within the community.
Worlio is comitted to protecting your privacy. This section describes how we collect, store, use, and disclose date from individuals who use this site and its provided services. By using our site, you consent to the processing of your data as described in this section.
We do not intentionally gather data about visitors who are under the age of 13.
Users Outside of the United States and Canada.
Your data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States and/or Canada, where laws regarding processing of data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Collection of Information
"Data" is potentially identifiable information such as your e-mail address and connection details and any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information. We collect date from you on our Site and when you use or visit any of our services.
We will ask you to provide your email, and to choose a username and passowrd when you register for an account on Worlio. Worlio will also ask you to verify your account via email.
Profile Picture or Avatar
Many services on Worlio include an option to assign a profile picture or avatar, which is associated with your Worlio usernames. If you elect to use this feature, other users will be able to see your profile picture or avatar.
Worlio monitors and maintains messages and posts made on it's services, with the exception of our alternative communication services like XMPP and Mumble.
Use of Information
- Anonymous aggregate statistics that do not personally identify a Worlio user will be kept and used by us for various purposes including analysis and reporting of usage patterns. Worlio reserves the right to use and disclose anonymous aggregate statistics for any purpose and to any third party in its sole discretion.
Disclosures & Transfers
In addition to the disclosures described in Section 2, we may additionally disclose your information as follows:
- Our servers are located in the United States and as such your data may be available to the U.S. or its agencies under a lawful order made in that country, irrespective of the safeguards we have put in place for the protection of your data.
- From time to time we may employ third parties to help us provide or improve our Site. These third parties may have limited access to databases of Site user information or registered member information solely for the purpose of helping us provide or improve the Site and they will not be able to use the information about our members or visitors for any other purpose.
- We may, and you hereby authorize us to, disclose your data (including messages) to a third party without your consent: (a) if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other website users, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities, (b) in connection with any legal investigation, and/or (c) when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Worlio.
Third Party Websites
- The security of your data is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Pdata in a secure environment and have implemented commercially reasonable procedures designed to limit unauthorized access, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Despite these measures, you should know that Worlio cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with your data.
- You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your data. For instance, never give out your password, and remember to log out of your account when you are finished using Worlio.
Choices, Modifications, and Retention
- You may change your email address, and profile picture (but not username) within Worlio. You may request deletion of your data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your Technology Data on our system. We will retain your other data for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or as required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you.
Amendment of this Policy